Thursday, September 21, 2017

"Becoming MomStrong" by Heidi St. John

In the past year I've been in over fifteen book launch groups and never have I ever been more excited for a book release than Becoming MomStrong by Heidi St. John. There's no other way to say this: Becoming MomStrong has CHANGED MY LIFE. A book so profoundly life-changing is rare and doesn't come along often.

Heidi speaks directly to the culture, her words have empowered to be the woman, wife, and mom I've always wanted to be. I used to think there was a "secret" to being MomStrong. Or, I thought that being MomStrong was reserved for some women and I didn't consider myself to be one of the women in the "some women" group. But through reading this book, I've learned there isn't a secret to being MomStrong and it's intended for EVERY woman in any stage of life.

In Becoming MomStrong Heidi consistently points the reader back to Scripture and empowers us to be the women we've been beautifully designed to be. Heidi reminds us that it's time that we turn to the Word of God to discover what HE says and not what the culture dictates. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of doing what the culture tells me to do. Our culture is filled with "do what feels good" and lacks so much wisdom. To stand on the Word of God that is filled with truth, grace, wisdom, and love has empowered me and changed the way I love and care for others, my husband, and my son.

In fact, it is because Heidi's words are so apologetically grounded in Scripture, that I've been so hungry to sink my heart into the Word every day. Each day looks a little bit different but one of my very favorite things to do is Heidi's Scripture Writing Challenge. Truthfully, I was very skeptical and didn't think I'd like writing Scripture or even stick with the challenge. The joke is on me because I love writing Scripture! Heidi says that spending 7 to 10 minutes a day writing Scripture will change your life and she's exactly right. My life has been changed because of Heidi's encouragement and leadership in creating the Scripture Writing Challenge.

If you're a woman in ANY season of life from rocking a baby in the wee hours of the morning to having an empty nest, this book is for you. Becoming MomStrong is available everywhere books are sold!

Oh - I sent Becoming MomStrong to two readers. The books will be arriving today and tomorrow in your mailboxes!



No comments:

Post a Comment